Sunday, February 28, 2010

French Breakfast Puffs


Day 1 of my new addiction.

One of the first recipes to catch my eye was one for French Breakfast Puffs. This may be because I have just read a lovely book called 'Lunch in Paris' by Elizabeth Bard (the book won't set the world on fire, but it is a sweet love story that provides a window into life in Paris and has some fabulous recipes) and these were featured in one of the first chapters. I'm also craving some Paris time and anything French catches my eye at the moment.

So I was up bright and early on Sunday morning (I have a 3 yr old who regularly gets up before 6am so I didn't have much choice in the matter) and got baking. The recipe calls for nutmeg in the puffs, for some strange reason I didn't have any in my pantry but I do have, and love, vanilla bean paste so I substituted that. I made them as mini muffins in patty pans, so they don't have the lovely smooth sides and I could only put the butter and cinnamon sugar on the top, but we decided this was a good thing.

Once my big boy (husband) was awake I threw them in the oven (being smaller they only took 10 minutes to cook), and made some coffee. We took them out into the patio and had a lovely breakfast together.

Please excuse the slightly dodgy photo, I just grabbed the point and shoot and shot. I will endeavour to put more effort into photos in the future.


Follow the link (underlined) to find the recipe from One perfect bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment